MATERI BAHASA INGGRIS BISNIS 2 - PERTEMUAN 2


5 . Verb as Complement
SUBJECT :
A.    The subject is the agent of the sentence in the active voice, subject is the person or thing that does the action of the sentence and subject normally precedes the verb.
B.    The subject may be a noun phrase. A noun phrase is a group of words ending with a noun. (it can't begin with a preposition). ffff 
Subjek adalah bagian dari kalimat dalam kalimat aktif, orang atau benda yang melakukan tindakan, dan subjek biasanya mendahului kata kerja.
-          VERB :
A.    The verb follows the subject, it generally shows the action of the sentence.
B.    The verb maybe a verb phrase. A verb phrase consists of one or more auxiliaries and one main verb. The auxiliaries always precede the main verb.
Predikat ialah mengikuti subjek, pada umumnya menunjukkan suatu tindakan.
-          COMPLEMENT :
A complement completes the verb. It is similar to the subject because it's usually a      noun or noun phrase, However, it generally follows the verb when the sentence in the active voice.
    Sebuah kata pelengkap yang melengkapi kata kerja. Hal ini mirip dengan subjek karena biasanya berupa kata benda, Namun, kata pelengkap pada umumnya mengikuti verba dalam kalimat aktif.
-          MODIFIER
A.   Tells the time, place or manner of the action. Very often it's a prepositional phrase. Prepotional phrase is a group of words that begins with a preposition and ends with a noun.
B.    The modifier normally follows the complement, but not always. However, the modifier, especially when it's a prepositional phrase, usually can't separate the verb and the complement.Kata keterangan menerangkan  waktu, tempat atau cara tindakan.
CONTOH : 

1.      George / is cooking / dinner / tonight
subject / verb phrase/ complement / modifier of time
Dari kalimat diatas didapatkan bahwa :
o   Subject = George, karena George adalah orang yang melakukan tindakan (dalam hal ini yaitu memasak).
o   Verb = Cooking, sebagai kata kerja yang dilakukan oleh George.

o   Complement = Dinner, sebagai kata pelengkap untuk kata kerja dari cooking.
o   Modifier = Tonight, sebagai kata keterangan tempat atau waktu (dalam hal ini yang digunakan adalah keterangan waktu / modifier of time).Begitu juga dengan contoh-contoh lainya.
2.      Henry and Marcia / have visited / the president
subject / verb phrase / complement
3.      We/ eat / lunch /in this restaurant/ today
subject/ verb phrase / complement/ modifier of place/ modifier of time
4.      Pat/ should have bought/ gasoline /yesterday
subject/ verb phrase/ complement/ modifier of time
5.      Trees/ grow
subject/ verb phrase
6.      It/ was raining /at seven o’clock this morning
subject/ verb phrase / modifier of time
7.      She/ opened/ her book
subject/ verb phrase/ complement
8.      Harry/ is washing / dishes /right now
subject/ verb phrase/ complement/ modifier of time
9.      She / opened /her book
subject/ verb phrase/ complement
10.  Paul, William, and Mary/ were watching / television/ a few minutes ago
                  subject/ verb phrase/ complement/ modifier of time
6 . Affirmative & Negative Agrement, Negation, Commands.

AFFIRMATIVE AGREEMENT (so. too. and also)
Sebenarnya kata so, too, dan also mempunyai arti yang sama yaitu juga, pula, pun. Tapi dalam penggunaannya terdapat perbedaan, so digunakan sebelum tobe(s) dan auxilliaries (kata bantu).
Example:

1.      My wife will talk to him and so will I
2.      My wife has talked about it, and so have I
3.      My wife talked about it, and so did I
4.      My wife is talking about it, and so am I
Sedangkan too dan also digunakan setelah tobe(s) dan auxilliaries.
Example:
1.      My wife will talk to him and I will too
2.      My wife has talked about it, and I have too
3.      My wife talked about it, and I did also
4.      My wife is talking about it, and I am also

NEGATIVE AGREEMENT (neither and either)
Hampir sama dengan penjelasan affirmative agreement di atas, neither dan either memiliki arti yang sama yaitu: tidak keduanya, atau kedua-duanya tidak. Untuk neither digunakan sebelum auxilliary verb, for example:
1.      My roommate won't go, and neither will I
2.     My roommate hasn't gone, and neither have I
3.      My roommate doesn't go, and neither do I
4.     My roommate isn't going, and neither am I

Dan untuk either digunakan setelah auxilliary verb dan kata "not", for example:
1.      My roommate won't go, and I won't(will not) either
2.      My roommate hasn't gone, and I haven't either
3.      My roommate doesn't go, and I don't either
4.      My roommate isn't going, and I am not either

Hal lain yang harus diperhatikan yaitu untuk pemakaian tobe dan auxilliaries setelah kata "..and.." harus sesuai dengan tobe dan auxilliaries yang digunakan di awal kalimat, seperti :
1.      My wife is talking about it, and so am I
2.      My wife has talked about it, and I have too
3.      My roommate won't go, and neither will I
4.      My roommate doesn't go, and I don't either
2.              Negation : Neither, Either, Hardly,
Barely, Rarely, Seldom, etc


NEGATION
Negation adalah bentuk pernyataan negatif. Walaupun hal ini tidak begitu asing, namun di bawah ini akan kami jelaskan bentuk-bentuk negation, atau bentuk-bentuk bagaimana membentuk suatu pernyataan negatif.

1.      Dengan Kata Kerja (VERB)
a.       With a simple form:
Subject + (The negative of the auxiliary DO (or MODALS)) + simple form.
Examples:
    - I don't  know
    - We didn't see (Not I didn't saw)
    - He couldn't stay
b.      With a past participle:
Subject + (The negative of the  auxiliaries BE or HAVE) + past participle.
Examples:
    - They haven't  seen
    - She wasn't driving
    - You hadn't forgotten
2.      Dengan Kata Benda (NOUN)
Jangan gunakan 2 kali Negation dalam 1 kalimat yang sama.
Contoh:
I do not see no evidence. (SALAH)
a.       Positive sentences:
No+ noun
Examples:
    - I see no evidence
    - No one is concerned
b.      Negative sentences:
Examples:
    - I do not see any evidence
    - They are not concerned

Either and neither function in simple statement much like “so” and “”too” in affirmative sentences. However, either and neither are used to indicate negative agreement. The same rules for auxilaries, be and do, does or did apply.
Contoh Kalimat lainnya:

1.                   The manager isn’t too happy with the project, and neither is his assistant.

2.                   We can’t study in the library, and he can’t either.
3.                   You didn’t pay the taxes, and they didn’t either.
4.                   My Brother won’t accept my father’s decision, and my sister won’t either.
5.                   He doesn’t know the answer, and neither does she.
Negative statement + and + [ S + negative auxiliary or be + either]
Negative statement + and + [ neither + positive auxiliary or be + S ]
Examples:
I didn’t see Bella this morning. Edward didn’t see Bella this morning
I didn’t see Bella this morning and Edward didn’t either.
I didn’t see Bella this morning and neither did Edward.
Additional examples:
1. The children shouldn’t take that medicine, and neither should she.
2. We don’t plan to attend the concert, and neither do they.
3. I don’t like tennis, and he doesn’t either.
4. She didn’t see anyone she knew, and neither did Tim.
5. The Yankees couldn’t play due to the bad weather, and neither could the Angels.
6. Mary can’t type well, and her sister can’t either.
7. I’m not interested in reading that book, and neither is she.
8. They won’t have to work on weekends, and we won’t either.
9. I can’t stand listening to that music, and she can’t either.
10. Michael doesn’t speak English, and his family doesn’t either.
11. That scientist isn’t too happy with the project, and neither are her supervisors.
12. We can’t study in the library, and they can’t either.
13. I haven’t worked there long, and neither have you.
14. You didn’t pay the rent, and she didn’t either.
15. They didn’t want anything to drink, and neither did we.
16. John shouldn’t run so fast, and neither should you.
17. The students won’t accept the dean’s decision, and the faculty won’t either.
18. Your class hasn’t begun yet, and neither has mine.
19. She couldn’t attend the lecture, and her sister couldn’t either.
20. He didn’t know the answer, and neither did I

3.              Commands : Negative commands,
Negative Indirect Commands
COMMANDS (Kalimat Perintah)
Dalam bahasa inggris, kalimat perintah (Commands), selalu dimulai dengan kata kerja yang berbentuk“Infinitive – tanpa to” jika tidak ada kata kerja, kiat menggunakan “Be + Adjectives”
Contoh :
1.      Open your book!

2.      Clean the blackboard!
3.      Show me your book!
4.      Light a candle!
5.      Be careful!
NEGATIVE COMMANDS (Kalimat Larangan)
Kalimat larangan (Negative Commands) dimulai dengan ” Don’t + Infinitive – tanpa – to “ jika tidak ada kata kerja, kita menggunakan “ Don’t be + Adjectives “
Contoh :
1.      Don’t make noise!
2.      Don’t read this letter!
3.      Don’t lock the door!
4.      Don’t be naughty!
5.      Don’t be angry!

7. Modal Auxiliaries
Modal Auxiliary atau sering dikenal juga dengan istilah Secondary Auxiliary Verbs merupakan kata kerja bantu yang memberikan arti tambahan pada Main Verbs dalam kalimat, seperti menunjukkan sesuatu yang akan terjadi (futurity), menunjukkan nasihat (advice), menunjukkan kewajiban (duty), menunjukkan kemungkinan (probability) dan lain sebagainya.Penggunaan Modal Auxiliary.Yang termasuk dalam Modal Auxiliary yaitu : shall, should, will, would, can, could, may, might, must, ought, need, dare dan used. Saya akan membahas satu persatu dari Modal Auxiliary beserta penggunaan dalam kalimat.
Shall
Shall bisa digunakan untuk menunjukkan hal-hal sebagai berikut :
Kejadian yang akan dilakukan (futurity) dalam sebuah kalimat.
Contoh :
– I shall go to Jakarta tomorrow. (Saya akan pergi ke Jakarta besok).
Digunakan untuk membuat penawaran atau menawarkan sesuatu.
Contoh :
– Shall I make coffee for you ?. (Bolehkah saya membuatkan kopi untuk Anda?).
Digunakan untuk membuat saran.
Contoh :
– Shall we go to the zoo tomorrow ?. (Bagaimana kalau kita pergi ke kebun binatang besok?).

Digunakan untuk menyatakan kewajiban.
Contoh:
– Every citizen shall pay the tax. (Setiap penduduk harus membayar pajak)
Should
Should merupakan bentuk past tense dari kata Shall dan biasanya digunakan untuk menyatakan hal-hal sebagai berikut :
Should sebagai bentuk past tense dari shall, penggunaan should ini sering kita jumpai dalam kalimat tidak langsung (indirect speech).
Contoh :
– She said that I should visit her tomorrow. (Dia bilang bahwa saya akan mengunjunginya besok).
Fungsi should berikutnya adalah untuk menyatakan sebuah nasehat (advice).
Contoh :
– You should eat more fruit. (Anda harus lebih banyak makan buah-buahan)
Untuk membentuk kalimat yang menunjukkan kewajiban (duty).
Contoh :
– You should pay your debt. (Anda harus membayar hutangmu).
Should juga bisa menunjukkan sebuah kemungkinan (probability).
Contoh :
– If it should rain, I will stay at home. (Jika hari hujan, Saya akan tinggal dirumah).
Membuat pengandaian untuk waktu yang akan datang.
Contoh :
– Should she fall, she shall notify me. (Seandainya dia gagal, dia akan memberitahu saya).

Will
Will digunakan untuk menunjukkan hal-hal sebagai berikut :
Will digunakan untuk menunjukkan tindakan yang akan dilakukan (futurity).
Contoh :
– I will buy a new car tomorrow. (Saya akan membeli sebuah mobil baru besok).
Untuk menunjukkan keinginan atau kemauan.
Contoh :
– I will help you. (Saya akan membantu Anda).
Untuk menyatakan kebenaran abadi (timeless truth).
Contoh :
– The stone will sink in the water. (Batu akan tenggelam di dalam air).

Would
Would merupakan bentuk past tense dari will dan digunakan untuk menyatakan hal-hal berikut :

Menyatakan kebiasaan yang dilakukan pada masa lampau.
Contoh :
– When she was a girl, her mother would tell her stories. (Ketika dia masih kecil, Ibunya suka bercerita kepadanya).
Untuk memperhalus/mempersopan suatu permohonan.
Contoh :
– Would you mind helping me ?. (Maukah Anda menolong saya ?).
Menunjukkan karakter seseorang yang telah diduga sebelumnya.
Contoh :
– Every morning she would go for a long walk. (Setiap pagi dia akan pergi untuk berjalan-jalan).

Can
Can yang berarti “bisa” dalam Bahasa Indonesia dapat digunakan untuk menyatakan hal-hal sebagai berikut :
Menyatakan kemampuan atau kemahiran (ability) seseorang.
Contoh:
– Can you speak Mandarin ?. (Apakah anda bisa berbahasa Mandarin ?)
Menyatakan permintaan ijin.
Contoh :
– You can ask me a personal question. (Anda bisa bertanya soal pribadi kepada saya).
Menyatakan kemungkinan.
Contoh :
– You can be a millionaire. (Anda bisa menjadi seorang jutawan).
NB : Can juga digunakan untuk (Main Verbs) yang berarti mengalengkan atau memasukkan dalam kaleng. Contoh :
– They are canning potatoes. (Mereka sedang mengalengkan kentang).

Could
Could merupakan bentuk lampau dari Can yang digunakan untuk menyatakan hal-hal sebagai berikut :
Menyatakan kemampuan atau kemahiran (ability) seseorang mengerjakan sesuatu.
Contoh :
I could play football when I was a kid.. (Saya bisa bermain bola ketika saya masih kecil).
Menyatakan permintaan ijin untuk kalimat yang lebih sopan.
Contoh :
Could I see your identity card ?. (Bolehkan saya melihat kartu identitas anda ?).

8. Adjective and Adverb

ADJECTIVE Adjective digunakan untuk mendeskripsikan noun. Dalam satu kalimat, bisa terdapat satu atau lebih adjective. semakin banyak adjective yang digunakan, semakin detail noun yang digunakan.

Ex adjective 1 :
- Trandy shoes
- Cute kid
- Old coat
- Wet floor
- Large pool

Ex adjective 2 :
- Long Brown Skirt
- Beautiful Long Hijab
- Gray Striped Bag
- Big Black Glasses
- Blue Plain Shirt

Ex adjective >2 :
- Small dirty smell room
- Delocoius black cocoa wafer
- New Brown Thick Book
- Sweet Pandan Pie Cake
- Beautiful Unique Natural Painting


ADVERB
Adverb (kata keterangan) adalah kata yang menerangkan bagaimana kata kerja dilakukan.
Macam- macam Adverb diantaranya sebagai berikut:
1. Adverb of Frequency
Yaitu kata keterangan yang menunjukkan sesuatu yang diulang-ulang.

2. Adverb of Time
Yaitu kata keterangan yang menunjukkan keterangan waktu.

3. Adverb of Place
Yaitu kata keterangan yang menunjukkan keterangan tempat.

Examples:
* Adv:
1. The waiter smiles politely.
2. She talks fastly.
3. The train run quickly.
4. He is working hard.
5. She can speak English fluently.

* Adv of Frequency:
1. I always eat hygiene food to avoid stomach ache.
2. My father often surprises me with her ideas.
3. I usually wake up at 6 a.m.
4. The worker sometimes feels bored with his work.
5. he never sheds tears in front of me.

* Adv of Time:
1. Moya finally found a solution to solve academic problem.
2. She’ll prepare for the final test from now to the next saturday.
3. I paid a call my friend in the hospital last week.
4. He got the birthday surprise party yesterday.
5. The factory has operated since 1983.

* Adv of Place:
1. He is watching the basketball match there.
2. I take my family to Russia.
3. Moya works in Bekasi for a while.
4. You can find the mineral water everywhere.
5. Aldo meet with Moya in somewhere.











http://imagine6world.blogspot.com/2016/06/10-affirmative-negative-agrement.html
http://materi-gunadarma.blogspot.com/2017/06/tugas-4-softskill-bahasa-inggris-bisnis.html




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

cara dan sistem kerja gojek

PENJELASAN SINGKAT MENGENAI SERVICE STRATEGY DAN SERVICE DESIGN DALAM I.T.I.L